DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Final Quarter 1 Blog!! (Blog #9)

Wow, to think it is already the end of the first quarter is crazy. I guess the saying holds true when talking about our blogs, time really does fly by when your having fun.

Ok, now for your assignment. This last week of Quarter 1, I am going to open it up for debate on whatever topic you want to blog about. Pick a WORLD HISTORY related topic and state your opinion/thoughts on that topic. Your topic could be tied to anything that is happening in the world today and relate it back to what took place in history. Then look around at your classmates blogs and comment/reply to their post. Agree/disagree, let them know your opinion/thoughts on their topic. Make sure you pick out 2 of your classmates and respond to their post. (You will get 1 point for your post, and 1 each for your responses to your classmates.) Good luck!

Due: By Sunday 10/26/08 11:59 p.m.

61 comments:

  1. Our economy in this world is extremely poor. The more I think about it the more I think we the people let it get this way. I fear another depression is near. But this time its going to have a more of an impact on the people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that education is going down. Kids are finding ways to miss school. Being sick is understandable but when you are sick 20-some days in a quarter that is way to much. Also alot of kids from bigger schools play hookie. I think education is very important and that we should be doing more to keep kids in school. Also i agree with steph i also fear that another depression is near.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The economy is way down. Some say that we are in a depression just as bad as the Great Depression, if not worse. We are buying to many things that we do not need, and neglecting the things we do need. So many people in our nation-our world-who are not getting the recourses they need. I think that if we do not do something to change this, we WILL fall into another depression much greater than the one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The discrimination against the Christians is almost like the Holacuast. The people are going against other religions because they have different beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taylor, but didn't we do the same thing during the Salem Witch Trials, or what about when we slaeved blacks? And even today, what about when you see a muslim, do you automatically think they are terrorists? Yes i do agree with you that we shouldn't discriminate against them. But what could we do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Dani that more and more kids are missing school for reasons they should. I also agree what Chelsea and Steph because the economy is going down and everyone can see that. It is going to have a big impact on the people and how we live our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i beleive that the Scientific revolution is a very important peice to the world's history. why well it lead to the truth of how the universe is set up. it allows all people to challenge theories without fear of you being executed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chelsea you are right. I agree that we buy way to many things now days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle, i agree with what you are saying about people missing school. But there has been a few times when my parents will not allow me and my siblings to go to school because of the weather? And like on CNN news, the mother who was arrested for educational neglect? Sometimes its the child's living situation that prevents them from coming to school. Neighborhoods, and pathways may be dangerous to go to school. I think fearing for your life is a good explanation. But I agree, way to many people are ditching school. But it only hurts themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Air pollution can cause harmfull thing to little kids and adults.I think that air pollution is a bad thing and that we need to stop it.Air pollution is carbon monoxide,nitrogen oxides,sulfur oxides,hydrocarbons,and particulate matter.We cause air pollution by starting fire, factors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dani I think your right. Kids need to stay in school no matter what. Also kids are skipping way to much school latly. Something should be done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Great Depression was a worldwide economic downturn starting in most places in 1929 and ending at different times in the 1930s or early 1940s for different countries.
    i think that we might be going through the next great depression. the gas prices may be going down, but they wont for long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. TO STEPH! I think you are right about a depression soon happening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ty- you are right, i think that air pollution is a bad thing, and we are making more of it as time goes on. i, however think its not quite as serious as we think is just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the war on terrorism is a repeat of desert storm in the 1990's. We are fighting against people who want to kill. I believe it is important to protect the less fortunate, but we are just repeating history again. It is like the first and second world wars also, because of the religious persecution. I don't like the fact that American soldiers are being killed but i do feel it is a neccessary war. The way we go about it though could be changed. We should send less solders and train more Irag soldiers to fight for themselves.
    I think a change in President will help this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. dani- i agree. education is the most important tool for survival. without education, we would all be killing each other for scraps of food. i hope that with education, we will eventually be able to free ourselves of the holes we put ourselves in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the fall wall street was somewhat like the great depression. There are so many things tied with wall street of why it fell.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ty i agree with you about the pollution, it is very harmful to humans and our ozone layer. And dylan i agree with you to.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The whole Iraq war is really getting out of hand. American leaders need to step up to lead our nation against terrorism, we need a president that can lead and make good decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. TO CLINTON!! i believe that yor are right.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with stephan about our economy. But I do not agree that a depression is near. Even though the business is bad and the stocks are going down, the way people are living has not been changed. I think that people are over reacting and that life will go on and nobody is going to be living in shacks or starving to death.

    ReplyDelete
  22. today economy is in bad shape i think we need a leader that can turn the united states of america around. Like the DOW it is down and when it goes up it is not so bad

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think gas prices suck because some people have cars that burn alot of gas and it is expencive to fill them but why cant they be like me and get a car that gets 42 miles to a gallon.
    The third largest U.S. oil company posted a 41 percent profit increase after gains in energy prices made up for a drop in production. The company's shares fell as New York oil futures tumbled.

    ReplyDelete
  24. To Steph: I think the econonmy is extremely poor to. Im not for sure if it will have a much bigger impact on people as the first great depression did. I think people will learn from this though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. to steph

    i agree with what you say

    ReplyDelete
  26. To Scott: I think your right scott i agree with you that we need a president that is goin to make smart decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think gas prices are getting better compared to what they were a couple of months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  28. To Dani
    I agree with you Americas education is going down the gutter we need to start teaching and learning and not take the gifts for granted, and more consequenses should be enforced against kids who miss school unexcused.

    ReplyDelete
  29. TO KEITH: I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU WROTE.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Great Depression happened from the late 20s to the early 30s. And if America keeps going the way it is. I'm positive that it will happen in our day of age, we're not quite there yet, but we will be the stocks going down and people losing money. People need to start taking action to this. What could we do? None of us want to give up the stuff we like to do, the things we want, because that makes happy. But we need food, clothing, homes, and we tend to just think it off, because we figure we will always have that but we may not. And I would like to go to college but if this is going to stay the way it is, I may not. Too many people lost their jobs in The Great Depression, too many families torn apart. Now, I don't want that to happen now, but I'm afraid it just might.

    ReplyDelete
  31. to chelsea

    you are right with the economy

    ReplyDelete
  32. to trisha i beleive that more than just me and kids in our class think that a change in president will change things around for the war but it might change the deriction into a way we dont wont it to. people need to be carefull about what they say cause yea sure we have lost alot of troops to this war but it is said that we lost more soldiers in ten minutes on doomsday then we have this entire war. i think having less troops in the war and training more iraqis can help but its hard to say.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think several times the saying "the past will repeat itself" & "what comes around, goes around" is true.
    One example is that Peter the Great and the Japanese wanted to westernize and be in the same league as western countries and continents.
    Now it is the U.S. that is buying from the eastern countries, like China. This is what happens when different countries develop at different rates of speed in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  34. John Paul i agree with u gas prices suck.

    ReplyDelete
  35. To chelsea
    I agree with you we need to do something with our economy really quick before we dont have one at all.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gas prices are down. Do you think that gas prices are going to stay down or shoot up again? In 2002 the prices dropped then all of a sudden they shot right back up. I think that they will shoot up again b/c they always do. In my opinion, even if it is christmas they should still stay the same no matter what. The government only makes them higher b/c they know people are gona be travling alot to go visit family.

    ReplyDelete
  37. chelsea i think the great depression sucks to CHELITO.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think we are very close to another depression. And I think most of it is caused by the people not the government. Because we are spending way more money than we have and that is why the housing market is so bad they spend to much money on their houses and then cant pay for it. And another thing is that we dont take care of our recources. I think we are hurtiling into another depression and trying to deny it and ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Dylan Ches i agree with u that the war in iraq blows and the next president should do someting about it.

    ReplyDelete
  40. i think that the economy is verry poor and getting close to the depression like stephen said in his blog and i am also not for shure about the plans that the presidental candidates and what presidant bush are going to do about it is right or not and i agree with chelsea about the buying of pointless thiengs ppl are buying i think they should cut back on excess spending

    ReplyDelete
  41. Dear Steph, your comment is very believe able I think a depression is near due to the weakness of the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Chelsea I agree with you totally we are going to another depression and its because of our neglect of the world recources and our money management.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Trisha, I agree with you, that we are repeating history in a way. And that we do need war, and that too many soldiers are getting killed. But I do not agree with everything. Do you really think that the Iraqis will cooperate when we are trying to train them how to fight? They could have done that already, if they really wanted to. And how do we know that they won't turn against us. And while we are training them, the other Iraqis won't attack us again?

    ReplyDelete
  44. Dear Taylor, discrimination against the Christians in Muslim areas is very common. But this has been occuring since the beginning of time. Since the middle ages religion has caused conflicts. Also it occured on a vast stage where the Nazis murdered 6 billion jews.I hope these conflicts can end in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  45. In Nebraska there is the Safe Haven Law. This is a law that would allow parents to drop off any child in immediate danger at a hospital. They had to put an strict age limit on this law to prevent more drop-offs of older children. Most of the state senators have agreed to change the law so it only applies to infants up to 3 days old. This change has not taken effect yet and will not until the beginning of the legislative session in January or during a special session.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I hope that we finnaly get a decent president. This is history having the first black person in the running for president. Also having Hilary Clinton in the runnig for president she of one or two other women made it tha farthest. History is happening right before our eyes. I's unbelivable.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I think chelsea is right about us being in a depression and that we need to focus on the resources we need, but lets face it, we as a people will never do it. We are just to greedy. That is human nature.

    ReplyDelete
  48. The topic I am going to talk about is The Great Depression. How our economy is going right now is very close to how it was in the 1930's. The Great Depression started, by what most scholars suggest, when the stock market crashed. This economic downturn eventually spread throughout the world. Making a global economic crisis where everybody was in the same boat. This is how our economy is looking now because a lot of big corporations like AIG, Fannie Mae, and Freddy Mac are all in serious financial trouble where they themselves have to borrow money.
    Chelsea's blog is one that I am agreeing with. If we do not do something or have a president that will do something our economy will eventually fall into pieces and maybe be worse than The Great Depression.
    I also agree with Ty about air pollution. We need to do something about people wasting energy. We should use ideas such as the hybrid car, solar power, and using less carbon emission vehicles. We can also do things at home to help save the planet such as recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I agree with you Taylor it is just like the holocaust and I think most religions discriminate against other religions just because they are not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Ty is also right that we need to fix some of our by-products so that they are more environmental friendly, and in turn more human-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Taylor I agree with you. People need to realize there are other beliefs in the world. Not every one is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Chelsea i do agree with you because i think people are buying things that we dont need.

    ReplyDelete
  53. i agree with dani too because there are alot of kids missing school and they do need to get a good education.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I agree with Dani about kids skipping way too much school. If i'm really sick i'll miss, but i try not too because I am not good at catching back up.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Britni i totally agree with you, gas prices are a roller coaster ride, and i think that it will keep going like that till we get a decent president.

    ReplyDelete
  56. To Dani:
    I agree that education is important. We need it to have a future. I also agree with you when you said that we need to be doing more to keep kids in school. I think that kids are running out of excuses not to come to school.

    ReplyDelete
  57. To Dylan C:
    I totally agree with you when you said that the war is getting out of hand and we need a president who can lead us. We have been fighting for how long, 5 years now??

    ReplyDelete
  58. Gas Prices!!!!!!!
    Though they are going down as we type haha they still arent goodbut just because gas is going down doesnt mean that everything else is going down that gas made go up such as foods, clothing and everything else. This relates to history because everything back in the oldies was dirt cheap they didnt need games or anything they made there own games if you gave a kid a stick and a rock they could stay busy for hours haha

    ReplyDelete
  59. The way the economy is in a huge slump now is alot like it was in the 1930's. I hope this time doesn't get as bad as the last tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I agree with Steph. The world has become very poor, and i hope another depression is not near.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I agree with Ty. The air pollution has gotten very bad lately. The world is getting really polluted and alot of people don't seem to care. People should try to keep the air more clean and fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!