On Friday we had a guest speaker, Hamadi, come and visit. He talked about everything from where he was born, to differences of culture. If you have a comment about our speaker or further questions that need assistance, please leave them here!
(Don't forget to make a comment here and receive 3 points for Blog #8)
Due: By Sunday 10/26/08 No later than 11:59 p.m.
Hamadi was an excellent speaker. It was so interesting to learn about where he was from. It was also different in Africa where you had to pay to go to school than it is in America. They also would kill people just for food because they don't have anything to live on. Hamadi is must be really glad that he was able to come here and get an education.
ReplyDeleteI thought Hamadi was a pretty neat guy. He was really funny too, why can't he move here? He was a really good speaker, because he would answer any questions if we had one, and he shared a lot that was must have been really hard for him to share. For example, his brother getting shot just because of food. And if he does go back he could also get shot because he came to America. We don’t realize how much we do have until we hear someone else’s nightmare.
ReplyDeleteI like Hamadi. He has a very nice car, and like Kailey, i think his animal voices are just neat!!!:-) He had to go through a lot and after all that has happened, he seems like a good guy. He still has drive and he wants to have a good life. i think he is very brave. (He seemed nervous to talk???)
ReplyDeleteHamadi was a great speaker to have come to our school because he was our age and could relate to us. He had a great sense of humor. Its to bad he had to experience all those hardships in Africa.
ReplyDeleteI thought Hamadi was awesome. His story is so real, and really makes students today think about the way we live here. We get mad over tiny miniscual things. We cry over unimportant events, all the while there are people in Kenya and Samali who are being shot and killed over a bowl of poraidge. It makes me think about the life ive lived so far and how i regret not taking the time to appreciate the little things. I fell he was the best guest speaker we have had so far at our school.
ReplyDeleteHamadi was an awesome speaker. I had a really good time listening to him and his animal noises. Africa is so different. I mean you get killed for food. Also school is so different there. I feel every person has the right to a good education. Also the medicine there is low and i wish that we could do something about that because so many people die.
ReplyDeleteI thought Hamnadi was great! he rally gave us an insight as to what they go through in other countries. when he was talking about his life in Africa it made me realize that we take a lot of things for granted. Like the fact the we always have food, clothes and shelter. I think it was good for us to realize what other people go though and the things that they don't have.
ReplyDeleteIt was good to heare from Hamadi. Im glad I got to hear from someone who experenced Africa.
ReplyDeletehamadi was the bomb diggity! he was a great speaker. he told us all about the culture differances between africa and america.
ReplyDeleteHamadi was a really funny guy. He told us alot about himself and where he came from. He also made really good animal noises, haha! He could not pay for school in africa because he didnt have enough money. He worked for just a dollar a day and it was hard work too.
ReplyDeleteHamadi was pretty cool. He talked about some interesting things. He was funny to, but it was kinda weird when he made animal noises that was messed up. I thought it was cool when he talked in different languages and wrote in them to.
ReplyDeleteI think Hamadi was a good impersination of making animal noises. He also said education alot. I liked the story of the two girlfriends he had, and the part were he said one about jumped on him. And when Someone asked him if he had a car and he said i have a car it has four weels. I thought he was a good speaker and should come back somtime.
ReplyDeletei think that he made a point with education because with out it we would have nothing we would not read or write
ReplyDeleteI think Hamadi was interesting and i think its kool how he can speak six different langauges. I thought it was hard at times to understand what he was saying.
ReplyDeleteI thought that Hamadi was really cool. His story about his life makes us think about all stupid little stuff we have that we take for granite.
ReplyDeleteHamadi was an excellent speaker. He was also comical. After his speech, i feel more connected to his sad story and the ways of his culture.
ReplyDeleteHe was funny when he wanted to be, but he also got his point across. For a nervous speaker I thought he did well. It was kind of different to see some of the written language he speaks.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed Hamadi speak. It was very interesting listening to what goes on in other countries and how he came to be in America. He gave a really good speech on how education relates on how to succeed in everything.
ReplyDeleteI thought Hamadi was really interesting. His life life story was very emotional, and his knowledge of Languages, and cultures were quite amazing. I thought it was crazy when his oldest brother was killed over a bowl of porage. I think that it was interesting that he is muslim, and in Africa you can have two or more wives, these show the differences in our culture.
ReplyDeletei thought tha Hamadi was funny especially the mcdonalds jokes and animal noises and he also had some good points about education although i do not like school all that much and i also agree with robert and john pack
ReplyDeletei beleive that Hammadi was a very important speaker our school has had and the reason why is cause everyone in America and many other countries dont beleive how easy they have it, i remember when i talked to a man that was taking a group of kids from Uganda that these kids parents have died or ben murdered and more and they were all the way in america singing christian songs and what i learned from this man that even thoe Africa is only around 50 thousand miles away the way it is it seems like it's a different planet i mean most people in Uganda dont even have pets and those that have dogs are for protection and more like attack dogs.
ReplyDeleteI think Hamadi was a great guest speaker. He shared a lot about his expeirences in Africa. He makes us realize how much we have and how much we can offer. I hope he gets to go back and se his other family but dosen't get shot.
ReplyDeleteI was happy that Hamadi came and spoke to us about his personal life. I think he was a little nervous at the start but then we warmed up to our weird class:) Anyway I think that Hamadi was right when he really emphasized how important education is. I mean over half of the student body doesn't like coming to school. But he is happy to get up and learn. It is terrible that he can't even have dreams because water is dripping from the grass roof of their mud house. I am glad that he can come over to America to have a better lifestyle. I really enjoyed listening to him speak,except I think I embarrassed him when I asked if he would make more animal noises:)oops!!
ReplyDeleteHamadi was an eye opener for me!. Hearing his stiries of his family members dying because they were simply gettin water for other family members or how he lived back there how he work they places he lived.
ReplyDeleteAnd when he or if he goes back to Africa i wanna go with and ride them camels!!!!!!!!!(he invited me lol).
I thought Hamadi was really funny and tought us alot about the ways of life in his home country. I think it made us realize how good most of us have it. I really like Hamadi.
ReplyDelete