DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Friday, November 8, 2013

Veteran's Day (Blog #12)



Your Assignment:

1).  Summarize Veteran's Day.  (How it came to be, what is celebrated, etc.....)
2).  Give some of your own thoughts and opinions on Veteran's Day.
3).  Comment on 2 of your classmates posts.


Due:  Sunday by no later than 11:59pm

32 comments:

  1. 1. Veterans day honors all of the men and women who have fought for our country. Many places have special events happening on Veterans day to show how thankful and proud everybody is of our veterans.
    2. I think Veterans day is good. It always seems that veterans are forgotten about so having a day dedicated to them is great. I think they deserve to be honored for all of their hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they should be honored for there bravery.

      Delete
    2. Honoring men and women who have fought is Memorial Day. Honoring the ones who are currently servicing is Veterans Day.

      Delete
    3. I agree Emily, yes Veteran's Day is for the people that are serving, but it is also for the people that HAVE served our country. It is important that we show that we remember all that HAVE served and that are currently serving.

      Delete
    4. I agree with what Klarrisa said. All of the people that have or are currently serving deserve our deepest gratitude. Veterans Day is a great way to do just that, but we should have them in our thoughts at all times, considering that we aren't only free on the day but instead everyday of the year.

      Delete
    5. I agree that is is a nice remembrance. It does get forgotten and this puts it back in our minds.

      Delete
    6. I agree we definitely need to remember our vets.

      Delete
  2. Veteran's day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I. I think Veteran's day is a very important holiday , because it honors all military veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.) Veterans day is and official U.S. holiday which honors people who have served in armed service also known as veterans. It is a federal holiday that is observed on November 11. Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans, not remembering women and men who have previously served.
    2.) I think Veterans day is a great day to celebrate the service off all U.S. military veterans. They deserve to be honored for all of their hard work in serving and keeping us safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they should be honored because they were brave enough and put there life on the line for we the people today and so we could have a better life and be free.

      Delete
  4. Veteran's Day is a day to honor and respect the people that have served our country and protected our freedom. Everyone has a different way to honor our veterans.

    Veteran's Day is very important because it is a day to remember all the men and woman that have fought and possibly died to protect the life that we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with this.This a good point.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree! People need to remember all the people that have fought for our country and helped make it the way it is today!!

      Delete
    3. I think that it is not only for those that have served but also the ones that are continuing to make sure that our freedoms stay intact. We should remember all of those that have and are currently spreading the message of freedom and peace throughout the world.

      Delete
    4. I agree because we need our freedoms.

      Delete
  5. 1) Veterans day can be celebrated by holding a assemble at you're school or just holding a little get together it came to be from the soldiers that fought to keep us safe so we can have the live we have today.
    2) I think veteran's day is a good day. that's a time to show you're appreciation towards the people who have fought or the troops who are still fighting over seas for us today. If we didn't have our soldiers who risk there life for us or the wars we had our life could be a lot different we maybe wouldn't be here today or our lives could have been different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Jaden, because Veteran's Day is for all veterans.

      Delete
    2. I agree! We need to honor the people serving now just as much as people who have served in the past.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.) Veterans day is a holiday to think about and thank our men and women that have served our great country. Many places take time out to thank them in person or through messages.
    2.) Veterans day is a wonderful idea. The men and women that served for us to have the freedoms that most of us take for granted should be rewarded and thanked for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that Vets need rewarded. And many of us take our freedoms for granted way to much.

      Delete
  8. 1). Veterans Day is a day set aside to remember all of the veterans and former vets who have died, servered or who are still serving.
    2).I think Vets Day is great and I love how schools do programs to remember and teach kids about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the programs are good to because the vets that speak always make it very real.

      Delete
  9. Veterans Day is about honoring the men and women that have served in our armed forces. I think that Veterans Day is something that is a great thing to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, our military is extremely important to every American because they keep us safe.

      Delete
  10. 1) Veteran's Day is a day to remember and celebrate veterans everywhere. It is also to help us realize that "Freedom is not Free".
    2) Veteran's Day is a really good way to remember the people who save our freedoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree sometimes we dont always realize how much they do for us.

      Delete
  11. 1. Vetrans day is a day for everyone to have high respect toward those who serve the country.
    2. I love the fact that we have one day that we all remember and respect the ones that give up so much for us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. Vetrans day is a day for everyone to have high respect toward those who serve the country.
    2. I love the fact that we have one day that we all remember and respect the ones that give up so much for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to believe that people have DIED to keep us safe, the least we can do is celebrate veterans day.

      Delete
  13. 1) Veterans day is a national holiday reserved for the celebration of veterans of all wars, and all those who have died in the military.
    2)I think veterans day is awesome. It should be veterans week though, or veterans month. We can't say thank you enough for everything our military does for us.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!