DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Pick a Current Events Topic (Blog #27)




Pick a current event and relate it to world history. Also, state your opinion/thoughts on the current event. Your topic could be tied to anything that is happening in the world today and relate it back to what took place in history. Then look around at your classmates blogs and comment/reply to their post. Agree/disagree, let them know your opinion/thoughts on their topic. Make sure you pick out 2 of your classmates and respond to their post. (You will get 1 point for your post, and 1 each for your responses to your classmates.) Good luck!


Due: By Sunday 3/6/11 by no later than 11:59 p.m.

29 comments:

  1. The revolution in Lybia that is going on right now. It is like the Revolutions back then. People arn't happy, but since they arn't happy they take it out on each other and it don't end well. Many die and most are left behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With flames of burning police vehicles and the headquarters of President Mubarak's National Democratic Party headquarters lighting up the Cairo night sky, Friday, as protestors defied a curfew, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton spoke briefly in Washington on events in Egypt. She began by urging the Egyptian authorities to restrain the security forces that are cracking down on protestors, but also urged demonstrators to refrain from violence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The revolution thats happening in Lybia, is a lot like the revolutions that happened in the past. The people arent happy with their rulers but they really have no reasources to go against them with. They are a third world country so they dont have all the technology we do in the U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacey =]- very well i deffinatly agree with you on your topic!

    Riley- Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kacee,
    I very much agree with your point of view. They need to be more worried about their country then about killing each other.

    Riley,
    Good job! I like your topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The revolution in Lybia that is happening at the moment. people are rebelling against there government and have good reason to to be free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the revolution in Lybia is one that is occuring now. they don'y really agree with their ruler. and that is kinda how it was in the past they never agreed with their ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kacee i agree with what you said because it was very close to what i said good job

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1.) The crisis in the Middle East and Libya reminds me alot of the French Revolution. People start rebelling and they get many many others to go with them. I think that it is good that the people want change and Democracy, but they do not have to do it violently.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grant i agree with you...


    Lacey very true... i agree

    ReplyDelete
  11. The revolution in Lybia. They are all angry with everything that's happening around them, yet nobody is paying any attention to the details. About what they are really fighting about. I think it's a nonsense revolution in some ways but whatever works for them I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Levi... AGREED indeed i agree indeedith agreedith

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are a lot of riots out with people claiming that God is punishing the U.S. because of the gays. This unrest reminds me of the riots such as those in France during that revolution. Small occurances like this can lead to bigger conflicts so it will be interesting to see what happens with our government.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1.) Riley: I agree with your copy paste which you clearly did. It wasnt really anything in History but it was good sort of.

    2.) Grant: I like how you put what everyone else said as did I. I also agree with your's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1.) Grant, you're right. They have every right to be free. But they don't need to be stupid about it.

    2.) I agree with you Levi, because it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they started making/bringing out guillotines to kill specific people.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tanner- I agree with you. You should get over there and show them boys how we do it around here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. levi. i like your topic amd mine is not copied and pasted


    kacee, i agree

    ReplyDelete
  18. The caos that is happening in egypt is just like the fights that have happened in history. I compare it to the Boston Tea Party. How they didn't like the taxes on the tea so they destroyed tons of it. this is what was happening in Egypt. they hated their leader so they protested against him to get him out of power.

    good comment levi. I agree.


    Wow Riley. Good topic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Revolution in Lybia, i relate it to the Revolutions back in History. Because they are not happy about what they have or how things are run so they fight about it, and try to make things better. And this happens now and happened earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The war in Lyiba is going on right now so the people are trying to get their leader out of power now. People dislike their leader right now and they want change for their country.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kacee I agree with you. Your piont are very true.

    Cassidy I agree with yours because of your point of views.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Levi- I like how you related it to the French Revolution because they both have many parallels with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lacey- i agree with yours because that's what i chose to write about too! (:
    Kacee- i think yours is good too! we both had the same ideas on the topic, i agree with ya! (:

    ReplyDelete
  24. 1. The things that are happening now in other countries are so related from back then becaause of all the fighting and all the conflicts with egypt and other places because there is fighting going on right now in lybia.

    2 I agree kacee because there is alot of fighting goin on right as we speak.
    Tanner i aslso agree very much.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Child labor laws arnt that bad today. Back then they had to work in harsh conditions or no bowl of rice for the family that night. todaywe have the choices weather or not to work for someone. back then they worked bare foot and had like no clothes. Today we children have the shoes, and clothes to withstand the harsh conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  26. riley i agree with all the stuff you copy pasted but i agree that hillary should back up the egyptions because the people are hurting eachother and people shouldnt do that to eachother

    kacee i also agree abouth lybia and people leaving other people behind for personal growth.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gas prices are rising greatly all over the world. Within the past month prices have risen at least 30 cents. This could possibly soon become the highest the prices have been ever in the history of the world. It will possibly cause the UN to take more action in the Middle East. We may see a new war coming.

    Riley: I didn't know that your grammar and writing skills were so great. And this has a lot to do with the turmoil of the world.

    Garret: I agree with you. I think it is just wrong to riot over peoples' interests in what they think is right in religion. Look at the crusades way back when. The slaughter of thousands of muslims and christians alike. Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  28. The revolution in Lybia is going on right now. The revolutions now are like the ones back then. Countries are not happy with how things are being runned and the try to make things better and then they just turn out worst. Lots die and more are forgotten about over time.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kacee I agree with you.
    Lacey I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!